[RFC 00/40] P2P DBus

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Feb 2 08:14:17 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 08:52:56PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Here's our current RFC patchset for P2P support in DBus.

Thanks! I went through these based on the latest version from
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/hostap/p2p-dbus-2/ and applied
the easy ones on the first round: 1-2, 6-7, 9-11, 20. I dropped 15 since
there were no users for the new functions in the series and the
configuration items in question are already available in wpa_supplicant
core configuration.

Many of the 21-40 patches would have been otherwise fine, but they had
dependencies on previous ones (mainly in form of notify.[ch] merge
conflicts), so I left them waiting until I get the earlier ones reviewed
more completely. The secondary device types and vendor extension
attributes for WSC IE will also need more review from the viewpoint of
not being fully compliant with the WPS 1.0 specification (order of
attributes) and with possibility of interop issues with some of the
deployed WPS implementation that we need to continue to work with (yes,
many of those are broken implementations, but they are out there..).