Any idea why hostapd won't send wmm_param elements?

Johannes Berg johannes
Tue Feb 1 05:02:25 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 06:51 -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:

> While the h/w is clearly capable of sending at MCS w/o WMM the spec
> says 11n =>'s WMM so I think the 11n config knob should auto-enable
> WMM.  The only reason I can think to not enable WMM is for testing.

Just a heads-up for everybody -- Jouni and me just worked on a patch and
he's committed it. It also sets default TX queue parameters so you don't
get random values that might still have been in mac80211 or whatever.

So this part of the problem should be solved now.

johannes