wpa_supplicant roaming question

Matt Causey matt.causey
Wed Aug 31 05:58:43 PDT 2011

Ha!  Yeah that's pretty lame on my part.  I was convinced that I'd
configured the supplicant properly at compile time, but alas I was
wrong.  I went back and re-compiled and now it works as expected.  :-)

I have another question now...I notice that if the supplicant
processes a disassociation or deauth, we call
wpa_supplicant_event_disassoc() (in blacklist.c), which then adds that
BSSID to a blacklist.  Then, the supplicant can no longer roam to that
BSSID, even if it is a better choice.

In our use case, we have a large number of access points and they can
drop offline for maintenance periodically.  What would folks recommend
we do to keep these BSSID's from becoming permanently blacklisted just
because they needed to reboot?

--
Matt