[ath9k-devel] DWA-556 not working as AP

sami ahokas sami.m.ahokas
Mon Aug 29 23:32:11 PDT 2011

2011/8/19 Mohammed Shafi <shafi.wireless at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM, sami ahokas <sami.m.ahokas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/8/11 Pavel Roskin <proski at gnu.org>:

>>> It looks like you are using some different driver on ath0. ?Run
>>>
>>> readlink /sys/class/net/ath0/device/driver

>>> The message comes from driver_madwifi.c and can be easily improved, but
>>> I don't see much point in that. ?WPA was mentioned after all.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Pavel Roskin
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm still struggling with this. I'm back to using ath9k driver. I have
>> several DWA-556 cards of which some works just fine, but some of them
>> are awful. I have enabled all possible debug features for ath9k driver
>> and I have noticed that there are a lot of GTT interrupts on those bad
>> boards. Can someone tell me what those interrupts are?
>
> little bit of them may not be a harm, lots of them indicates tx frames
> being stuck , could not be sent out.
> as mentioned earlier please upgrade your kernel.

Ok, I have upgraded my kernel to 2.6.39 and it works somewhat better
than the old one. But, I'm still having problems with my AP. Many
times after power on, I get lots of GTT interrupts and things are not
working well. If I say "iw dev wlan0 survey dump" at that point, noise
value on channel I use is only -88-90 dBm, so there shouldn't be too
much noise on the used channel.

Also, even when things seems to be running ok (stations can connect
and transfer data), there are lot of errors (phy, underrun, crc). Is
that normal? My station is only one meter away from my AP.

cat /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/recv
CRC ERR :      26415
DECRYPT CRC ERR :          1
PHY ERR :     245603
MIC ERR :          0