wpa_supplicant messes with keyboard

Klaus Müller kmueller
Mon Aug 29 13:23:09 PDT 2011

Z? schrieb:
> 2011/8/29 Klaus M?ller <kmueller at justmail.de>:
>> Z? schrieb:
>> [...]
>>> That doesnt make much sense since when i kill wpa_supplicant the
>>> referred problems simply disappear.
>
> The problems starts happening when wpa-supplicant runs, and it
> continues afecting the mouse and the keyboard and not just the
> keyboard when using from git like i referred in previous comments.
>
> So this problem can be triggered by th wifi driver?

wpa_supplicant has to start the hardware with the driver. If you stop
wpa_supplicant, the hardware is stopped again (by wpa_supplicant).
That's why it could be a driver issue.

> when running dmesg it shows too much outputs of the wifi driver
> (almost like a loop).

This sounds bad.

> But im attaching the ddesg output.
>
>> Surely. Which hardware / driver do you use? Which kernel (version)?
>> 32/64 bit? Do you use compat-wireless (which version)?
>
> Currently im running a kernel-3.0.3 and its 64bits.
> Since i remember using wpa_supplicant this always happened, no matter
> if i used kernel-2.6.38 or the 3.0.x versions.
>
> This is the wifi driver:
> rtl8192ce: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.|Device 8176 [NETWORK_OTHER]
> (vendor:10ec device:8176 subv:10ec subd:9196) (rev: 01)

According http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/10ec/8176 ..., it's a Realtek
RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
(http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/10ec/8176).

I don't know, which driver you're really using. I would try
the official driver (if you not already use it). You can get it here
(one line):

http://218.210.127.131/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=48&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8188CE

According this entry, this driver should work (one line again):
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/hardware-compatibility-list/34817-realtek-rtl8188ce.html

Klaus