Monitor interface for GO in P2P

Stone stonezju
Fri Aug 26 00:09:51 PDT 2011

Hi all,

When I studied the latest code of wpa_supplicant-0.8.x, I met a problem that
if we want to send mgmt frames for GO in P2P, do we have to create a monitor
interface?
In the commit as below, we can send eapol packet without monitor interface,
so is it possible to send mgmt frames like this way? Thanks a lot.

nl80211: Add l2_packet for AP mode EAPOL TX without monitor iface
This can be used with drivers that do not support monitor interface
when transmitting EAPOL frames in AP mode.