802.11a/n

Grant emailgrant
Mon Aug 15 15:30:41 PDT 2011

>>> I'm using a Ubiquiti SR71-E 802.11abgn card and I've tried specifying
>>> many different channels for 802.11a mode but I always get this error:
>>>
>>> wlan0: IEEE 802.11 Configured channel (36) not found from the channel
>>> list of current mode (2) IEEE 802.11a
>>> wlan0: IEEE 802.11 Hardware does not support configured channel
>>
>> It sounds like your card could be calibrated as a world roaming card and
>> it does not allow AP mode to be started on 5 GHz channels. You can check
>> the available channel list with "iw list". The channels that are marked
>> "disabled" or "passive scanning" won't be available for hostapd to use
>> in AP mode.

A lot of the info I gave below is incorrect.  I've been switching
between a bg card and the SR71-E abgn card and I forgot which one I
had installed.  The SR71-E always lists both 2.4Ghz channels and 5Ghz
channels with 'iwlist wlan0 channel' but I always get the "Configured
channel not found from the channel list of current mode" error when
trying to start hostapd with a 5Ghz channel.

- Grant