Getting Started with Wi-Fi Direct

Craig Dowell craigdo
Mon Aug 15 14:55:22 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm interested in experimenting with wi-fi direct on my Fedora 15 box.
I don't have a wireless adapter installed yet, and I am trying to figure
out what is an easily findable (say at Fry's or some Fry's equivalent)
network adapter I can buy that will support wi-fi direct.  I'm
especially interested in getting pre-association discovery working and I
want to experiment with it.

I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of debugging some new unknown
configuration, so any guidance regarding adapters that are known to work
with supplicant 0.8 and Fedora would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has any generic words of wisdom regarding the process of
getting a card up and working WRT discovery, you would earn the people's
fame and ovation (or at least mine) forever.

Regards,

-- Craig