[ath9k-devel] DWA-556 not working as AP

sami ahokas sami.m.ahokas
Tue Aug 9 23:30:27 PDT 2011

2011/8/9 Pavel Roskin <proski at gnu.org>:
> Quoting sami ahokas <sami.m.ahokas at gmail.com>:
>
>> Thanks for your reply. I chose to try the MadWifi driver, but now I'm
>> not able to set interface to master mode.
>
> When loading the module, use "modprobe ath_pci autocreate=ap"
>
> That will create an interface in AP mode. ?It's easy to get used to the
> niceties of the kernel drivers that can change the mode of an existing
> interface.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pavel Roskin

Thanks again for your help. But now I have next problem and quick
googling didn't give me any answers. Here is what I get from hostapd:

ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Invalid argument
ath0: DRIVER Error enabling WPA/802.1X!
IEEE 802.1X initialization failed.
ath0: Unable to setup interface.
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory

Why is it complaining about 802.1X? My setup is using WPA-PSK, not
802.1X. Do I miss some modules or have I compiled hostapd or madwifi
driver with wrong parameters?

Sami