How to set probe resp WPS IE through nl80211 interface

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Aug 6 11:58:54 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 01:58:31PM +0800, Stone wrote:
>     Could someone tell me that, when wpa_supplicant works as AP, how does
> wpa_supplicant set probe resp WPS IE through nl80211 interface? The beacon
> IE is able to be configured through set_beacon in driver_nl80211.c, while
> there is no accomplishment for set_ap_wps_ie.

The nl80211 interface does not currently support drivers that handle
Probe Request processing internally (or well, likely in the firmware).
There are number of drivers that would require this type of mechanism,
but no one has submitted a suitable patch to do that in
cfg80211/nl80211 yet, so wpa_supplicant cannot support it either. If no
one else gets to this soon, I'll come up with proposed changes to
cfg80211 in the not too distant future.