[WPS] driver to use for IE configuration on management frames

Kiran Divekar kirandivekar
Fri Apr 22 04:58:10 PDT 2011

Hi all,
   I have a wireless device on which i am trying to bringup WPS 2.0 support
using wpa_supplicant.

1. STA: For WPS2 for STA, probe request and (Re)assoc request frames need to
be configured with WPS attributes. Currently, this support is available in
driver_madwifi.c where during scan2, IEs are added to probe request frames
using custom ioctl.

2. AP: For WPS2 for AP, beacons and probe response frames need to be
configured for WPS attributes. Currently, this support is available in
driver_atheros.c ( and any others, I did not check ?).

Is there a way to use generic driver_wext.c to achieve this feature? As WEXT
is obsolete, is there a way yo configure IEs on probe
requests/responses/beacons using driver_nl80211.c? OR do I have to add my
support in custom driver file? like driver_<vendor>.c

Thanks in advance,
- Kiran