fast_reauth=1

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos
Thu Sep 23 02:08:00 PDT 2010

[mailto:hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com]
> On Behalf Of Jouni Malinen
> Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 01:45
> To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
> Subject: Re: fast_reauth=1
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:43:40PM +0100, Panagiotis Georgopoulos wrote:
>
> > What does fast_reauth in wpa_supplicant.conf does exactly do?
>
> > Is this the client equivalent of FreeRadius session resumption so that
if a
> > client roams from Access Point 1 to Access Point 2 to not repeat the
full
> > EAP authentication?
>
> Yes.

Thanks for your reply Jouni. So, would the client, when connects to Access
Point 2 just try to do key negotiation?

It seems to me that fast_reauth is a setting that hostapd should have had,
so that if an AP has seen a client a few minutes ago to just do key
negotiation instead of asking for his identity to do a full reauth with a
backend AAA server.

Cheers,
Panos