Looking for a very special WLAN-Card

Francesco Gringoli francesco.gringoli
Tue Oct 26 07:02:37 PDT 2010

On Oct 26, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Gernot Tenchio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe someone can help me with this. I'm looking for a WLAN-Card with
> Atheros chipset and USB Host Interface which fits in a Mini-PCI-E Slot.
> Has anyone heard about such a card which also works with hostapd? Sorry,
> if this is the wrong list to ask, but i haven't found a better one.
What do you exactly mean with "fit"? Should it connect through mini-pci-e too? Or should it only be enclosed inside an expansion slot (e.g., that of a netbook) and be connected through usb? If you meant the second then you could try a usb key based on ar9170. If you unsolder the USB connector then it should fit.

Cheers,
-FG