P2P connect doesn't work

Fabien Marotte fabienx.marotte
Thu Oct 14 00:08:55 PDT 2010

On 10/13/2010 08:23 PM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 02:58:07PM +0200, Fabien Marotte wrote:
>> Ok, I tested on my setup and p2p_connect on both side works. However is
>> there a way to configure wpa_supplicant in order to accept connections
>> without any user interaction? For example in a context where
>> wpa_supplicant is embedded in an system like a TV or a projector ?
>
> You could do that with an external application/script that follows
> events from control interface and accepts connections on behalf of the
> user. I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea to enable completely
> autonomous accept-all-connections, though, especially with PBC.
I agree with you for the PBC case.

> Displaying a PIN on TV or projector and allowing that to be used without
> user interaction sounds more reasonable, though. It should be possible
> to implement that with the current wpa_supplicant, but you will need to
> write couple of small scripts to do that.
For the scenario where you display the PIN on one side and enter it on
the other side, I tested provision discovery request:

 From WPA_supplicant (let's say left side), after a successful find
phase, I do "p2p_prov_disc <MAC addr> display". On the right side
wpa_supplicant, I get the message DISPLAY_PIN as expected and can see
the computed pin. On the left side, I do p2p_connect <MAC addr> PIN_CODE.

 From my understanding, this sequence should lead to a a successful GO
negotiation since the right side has the provision information.
But I see that the right side still send 0x1 error in the GO negociation
response. Is my understanding good according to you ?

Regards,

Fabien