OT: Stress Wifi Tools

Ben Greear greearb
Wed Nov 24 10:46:01 PST 2010

On 11/24/2010 10:40 AM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a tool that simulates a lot of users connected using
> wpa enterprise to an Access Point. What would you recommend me?

We have a commercial app that works pretty good with ath5k (a/b/g),
but we are currently still ironing the bugs out of our ath9k offering
(/n).

Plz contact me off list if you are interested in that.

If you want something free, you can use the latest wireless-testing
kernel and an ath5k or ath9k NIC to create virtual stations, and then use
wpa_supplicant to associate, etc.  (This is basically what our app does,
except we have a front-end to manage this and can drive traffic over the
interfaces once associated.)

Thanks,
Ben

--