Phase 2 on PEAP and EAP-TTLS

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos
Wed Nov 17 10:45:11 PST 2010

Hello all,

                For EAP-MSCHAPv2 in Phase 2 of EAP-TTLS , I have to declare
to wpa_supplicant Phase2="autheap=MSCHAPV2".

                For PEAP though, if I do :

              phase1="peaplabel=1"

              phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2" (notice that it is just auth, and not
autheap)

                will I be doing mschapv2 or eap-mschapv2 on Phase 2?

                If I am right PEAP supports only EAP methods for Phase 2, so
the two above configurations should have exactly the same phase 2, right?

                Thanks a lot in advance,

                Panos