wpa_supplicant[1282]: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

Daniel Castro castromd
Wed Nov 17 02:21:11 PST 2010

Hi All,

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I have a Thinkpad W500 with:
Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless WiFi Link 5300
I have Ubuntu 10.04 32bit installed:
Linux danicast-laptop 2.6.32-25-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 19:48:22
UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

I have noticed that it will keep dropping the wireless connection very
often. So it will disconnect and reconnect.

Can someone here please help me in debugging this issue? Is is a known
issue? Any workarounds?

I have attached an extract of syslogs from when this happens. But not sure
if what I need is there... only weird thing I can see is:
Oct 27 18:58:33 username-laptop wpa_supplicant[1296]:
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

Any help is much appreciated!

--

Daniel Castro, M.Sc.
+353 083-318-2058