Sending multiple EAP fragments (wpa_supplicant as a library)

Jouni Malinen j
Wed May 19 14:23:56 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 01:19:24PM -0400, Christian Scheid wrote:

> I'm using wpa_supplicant-0.6.9 as a library and used the eap_example_peer.c
> as a basis for the EAP-TLS authentication I'm trying to complete. My
> question is if I have an EAP message with multiple fragments, how would I
> request those from the wpa_supplicant?

Are you saying that you would like to send out the EAP frame without
fragmentation? I would just increase the fragmentation threshold instead
of trying to come up with a mechanism to handle the fragments.. In order
to get the next EAP-TLS fragment, you would need to send an EAP-TLS Ack
frame to request it.