wpa_supplicant and IAPP

Benoit Dolives dolives
Fri May 14 08:02:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a network compounded of two Access Points and a RADIUS server.
Everything goes fine and I succeed to connect to the AP I want. However
I would like that my Mobile Host switch quickly from an AP to another
(less than 1sec).
When I want to switch from one to another AP I use :

"wpa_cli bssid my_network wanted_bssid
wpa_cli reassociate"

but then it needs between 2 and 5 seconds to connect. Therefore I am not
sure it is the good way to do it.
I am looking for doing a pre-registration to the new AP then a quick
handoff.

The APs are Alfa AIP-W610H and they are using IAPP
The mobile host is an Ubuntu 10.04 with Atheros wireless card and ath5k
driver
I use wpa_supplicant 0.6.9 and here is its configuration file :

"
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1