Does WPA_supplicant or hostapd support the SESSION-ID derivation

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Mar 3 12:15:39 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 03:21:12PM -0400, Hasan Chowdhury wrote:
> Any one know does the latest WPA_supplicant or hostapd support  SESSION-ID
> derivation as per rfc 5347.

I would assume you are referring to the Session-Id defined in RFC 5247.
Neither wpa_supplicant (EAP peer) nor hostapd (EAP server) currently
support this. I have considered adding an interface for the EAP methods
to export Peer-Id, Server-Id, and Session-Id, but have not yet done so
since there has not been any identified users for this information. Do
you have something that would actually use these values?

> Also  any idea on ,
> does the freeradius support and implements   EAP-Key-Name attribute as per
> rfc 4072  4.1.4. EAP-Key-Name AVP

That would be a question for a FreeRADIUS mailing list..