Wifi connection question

Dan Williams dcbw
Wed Jul 21 12:55:52 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 10:19 +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Can somebody explain me why from time to time my driver/wpa_supplicant
> is showing that it has discovered AP with MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00?
> What does it mean? Is this the wifi SoC, driver, wpa_supplicant error?

Can you post some supplciant debug logs showing this?  If this MAC is
being returned in scan results, then it's clearly a driver error.  If
it's the supplicant reporting "COMPLETED to 00:00:00:00:00:00" or
something like that during association then it could be a supplicant or
driver problem.

> Moreover it then is trying to connect and associate with the AP with
> this odd address (00:00:00:00:00:00). Then it fails and is reconnecting
> to the AP with normal MAC and WiFi connection is working as it was
> again.

Debug logs would allow us to narrow this down a bit more.

Dan