Does hostapd support radsec?

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jul 3 10:13:05 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 02:29:21PM +0800, John wrote:

> We are using hostapd + freeRADIUS for authentication. RadSec may be implemented for FreeRADIUS (see http://www.terena.org/mail-archives/mobility/msg03404.html).
> ?
> Does hostapd support radsec??? Or is it has a plan to implement radsec?

There is currently no support or plans for this. I've seen RadSec mostly
as a solution for communication between infrastructure RADIUS servers to
provide better security for proxying requests and not that much
targeted for NAS devices. What kind of network setup are you using
between hostapd (as a NAS, I would assume) and the RADIUS server(s)?