regulatory domain

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jan 16 01:42:52 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 02:33:50PM +0200, ronit fichman wrote:
> 1. does hostapd can support regulatory domain open source ?

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking here.

> 2. why hostapd don't check the channel acording to country string and just
> acorrding to working mode (a,b,g)

Currently, the assumption is that the actually database of allowed
channels etc. is fetched from the kernel driver and as such, the
validation happens based on this list. It should be noted that not all
drivers support this functionality.

There has been some plans on looking into allowing hostapd to fetch
information directly from CRDA database, but that has not yet been fully
designed.