Detecting WEP Encryption via new D-Bus API

Witold Sowa witold.sowa
Sat Jan 9 15:22:26 PST 2010

Phillip Nixon pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to determine if a network is encrypted with
> WEP via the new D-Bus API. Specifically, I would like to be able to
> automatically prompt a user in a gui to enter the PSK if they want to
> join a network from scan results that is WEP encrypted.

BSS objects have a boolean 'Privacy' property which indicates whether
BSS uses encryption. If you want to check for WPA or WPA2 you need to
check BSSes WPAIE and RSNIE properties. The last two will be replaced
with something more sophisticated very soon since the new API is still
under development.
You can obtain current BSS using Interface's CurrentBSS property.

Regards,
Witek