Issues with new D-Bus API

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Jan 7 09:20:58 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 05:02:20PM +0100, Witold Sowa wrote:
> Marcel Holtmann pisze:
> > Either we do "WPA : dict" and "RSN : dict" wich then contains the same
> > key names from the Interface capabilities.
> >

> I have a patch for that almost done, but I have afew I questions first:
> Is it possible to have other suite than psk or eap in WPA/RSN IE?

Yes. Unlikely with WPA (but possible), but with RSN, there are number of
new key management suites defines.

> Is it possible to have other pairwise ciphers than ccmp or tkip?
> Is it possible to have other group cipher than ccmp, tkip, wep40, wep104.

In theory, you could have vendor specific cipher suites. Not that we
really support them, but as far as the WPA/RSN IE is concerned, it would
be possible. I would consider just using the suite selector (e.g.,
00-0F-AC:4 and encoding it as four octets should be fine) as the
contents and not try to map it into "ccmp" or some other string (same
for key management suite).

> Is it possible to have "none" cipher/suite in any of above?

What are you referring to with "none"? There is no such cipher suite
defined in IEEE 802.11.