ath9k+hostapd = "Could not set DTIM period for kernel driver"

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 20 10:08:32 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 04:49:44PM +0100, Dennis Borgmann wrote:

> Ok, now I get the card running, iw can access it (see below for output
> of iw list). I tried to make it become an accesspoint by using hostapd
> in version 0.6.10(self-compiled for this sole purpose).

> Could not set DTIM period for kernel driver
> wlan0: Unable to setup interface.

This is a bug in hostapd 0.6.10. I would suggest using the latest 0.7.x
version (currently, 0.7.1) when using AP mode with mac80211-based
drivers. Alternatively, you can get a fix for this from the current
snapshot of the 0.6.x branch (and eventually, 0.6.11, once that is
released).