hostpad multiple BSSID "No buffer space available" error

Hector Akamine akamine
Mon Feb 8 23:28:15 PST 2010

Hello,

For a multiple BSSIDs configuration, I got hostapd to work for
3 additional BSSs (wlan1_1, wlan1_2, wlan1_3). However if I
modify the configuration file adding another BSS, I got the
following error:

Could not set interface wlan1_4 flags: No buffer space available

Could this be a limitation of hostapd, or a hardware/driver problem?
(I am using ath9k with a NEC PA-WL300NC adapter)

Complete log:
# hostapd-0.7.1/hostapd/hostapd mssid.conf
Configuration file: mssid.conf
Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr xxxxxx:90 and ssid 'ap'
Using interface wlan1_1 with hwaddr xxxxxx:91 and ssid 'ap1'
Using interface wlan1_2 with hwaddr xxxxxx:92 and ssid 'ap2'
Using interface wlan1_3 with hwaddr xxxxxx:93 and ssid 'ap3'
Could not set interface wlan1_4 flags: No buffer space available
Failed to add BSS (BSSID=xxxxxx:94)
wlan1: Unable to setup interface.
Failed to remove interface (ifidx=0).

Thank you,