Back port "scan_freq" implementation to wpa supplicant 0.6.x

alfred steele alfred.jaquez
Wed Dec 15 13:12:19 PST 2010

Hi Johannes,
>u can't "port" this functionality to WEXT at all since it doesn't
> support it in the API.

Thanks. I am trying to gather a better understanding for the
difference between mac80211 and the WEXT layers.  I was told that
there is a way to adapt a non mac80211 driver(WEXT baseed) to work
with mac80211.
All i need is a way to support something similar to a "scan_freq"
parameter with the driver we use. We need to filter out a few channels
while doing active scan based on wpa supplicant.
Are there any other ways around it?

Thanks,
Alfred.