hostapd and VAPs

Ryszard ryszard99
Mon Aug 30 16:46:13 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm using the cool patches candelatech
(http://candelatech.com/oss/vsta.html) have made to get VAPs working
for the ath5k drivers and am having a problem connecting to the APs.

I'm using two hostapd daemons with two separate config files and
launching everything at boot time.

I can connect to one AP from a linux lappy ok (and can send and
receive traffic no worries), however if i disconnect and connect to
the 2nd AP it hangs.  When i look in the syslog on the AP, i see the
1st connection and the dhcp messages, but see nothing in the log for
the 2nd connection attempt.

When i restart hostapd everything works fine, and i can connect.  I've
used both the stable, 0.6.1 and 0.7.2 versions of hostapd.

i'm wondering if there is anyone who has experienced something similar
and can point me in a direction to investigate further.
regs