Does wpa_supplicant support WiFi Direct now?

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Aug 30 02:20:45 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 03:15:27AM +0000, Jue Yang wrote:

>     We are now going to develop WiFi direct driver for wireless adapter. I wonder whether wpa_supplicant is able to or will be able to connect to the WiFi Direct peer.

Since the specification for Wi-Fi Direct is not yet publicly available,
there is no code for this in the hostap.git repository. However, there
is ongoing work on this and you might be interested in the next Linux
wireless summit with one of the main focus areas in Wi-Fi Direct
development for upstream Linux:
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Summits/SanFranciscoBayArea-2010