support for WPA2

Pavel Roskin proski
Thu Apr 29 06:56:39 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 09:40 +1000, linux newbie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On our ARM based terminal we have cisco 350 pcmcia wireless card. I
> downloaded the driver that supports WPA and things are working fine as
> expected.
>
> In the cisco website it was mentioned that cisco 350 does not support
> WPA2 as the radio lags AES.
>
> Is there any alternative to add support for WPA2? eg: by modifying the
> driver with AES support (some weired idea ;) )

I don't think anyone will help you with that.  The driver in the kernel
doesn't appear to support even TKIP, so you are likely using some driver
that was deemed inappropriate for the kernel.  Combine that with the
fact that the hardware is obsolete.

> If WPA2 is not possible at all, can you please recommend some other
> PCMCIA cards with open source driver support?

Anything with Prism chipset should work with the hostap driver.  See
drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_cs.c in the kernel sources for the
device table.  I know, it's somewhat challenging to find such device on
the market now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin