wpa_supplicant disconnects and fails to reconnect (wpa-enterprise)

Georges Toth georges
Wed Apr 21 05:42:23 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a strange problem for about half a year now, which is when I connect to
a WPA-Enterprise WiFi network (eduroam in this case) I loose my connection
after a certain amount of time, and wpa_supplicant fails to establish a stable
connection again after that.

So when I loose the connection that is actually the time when the AP requests
a re-authentication (AFAICT) and wpa_supplicant fails to do this "correctly".

Here some details:
AP:
                    IE: IEEE 802.11i/WPA2 Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : TKIP CCMP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : 802.1x
                    IE: WPA Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : TKIP CCMP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : 802.1x

Wifi card is an Intel Ultimate N 5300

OS is Debian Lenny

wpa_supplicant compiled with openssl:
	wpa_supplicant version 0.6.10
	libssl version 0.9.8n

wpa_supplicant config:
	ctrl_interface_group=103
	update_config=1

	network={
        ssid="eduroam"
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        identity="user at domain.tld"
        password="password"
     }

I collected some debug output today (using -dd) which contains logs from when
I first connected to this network, after loosing the connection the first time
and several re-connection attempts thereafter.
I can send them on demand if this could be useful for locating the problem
(~1MB).

I would appreciate any help :-)

--
regards,