WPS bug

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Apr 15 03:01:28 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:43:11AM +0300, ronit fichman wrote:

> in the file ieee802_11.c in function void handle_assoc()
> in the following section the border line
> #ifdef CONFIG_WPS
>     sta->flags &= ~(WLAN_STA_WPS | WLAN_STA_MAYBE_WPS);
>     *if (hapd->conf->wps_state && wpa_ie == NULL) {
> *  if (elems.wps_ie) {
>    wpa_printf(MSG_DEBUG, "STA included WPS IE in "
>        "(Re)Association Request - assume WPS is "
>        "used");
>    sta->flags |= WLAN_STA_WPS;

> in case the association request include WPA IE or RSN IE , the hostapd will
> failed to connect with WPS

Thanks for reporting this. I thought this was already working (it
actually was with drivers that implement MLME processing, i.e.,
hostapd_notif_assoc() has correct code for processing WPS IE). This is
now fixed for drivers that use hostapd MLME, too.

> i changes tje line to the follow one
> *if (hapd->conf->wps_state{*
> and now i have no problem to connect to marvell station that publish the WPA
> IE, please let me know what do you think about it

I used a bit different fix for this, but the idea behind it is similar
to this.