WPS bug

ronit fichman ronit.fichman
Thu Apr 15 01:43:11 PDT 2010

hi
I am working on the hostapd and try to connect with Marvell station WPS PIN
methods
I found bug in the hostapd:
in the file ieee802_11.c in function void handle_assoc()
in the following section the border line
#ifdef CONFIG_WPS
    sta->flags &= ~(WLAN_STA_WPS | WLAN_STA_MAYBE_WPS);
    *if (hapd->conf->wps_state && wpa_ie == NULL) {
*  if (elems.wps_ie) {
   wpa_printf(MSG_DEBUG, "STA included WPS IE in "
       "(Re)Association Request - assume WPS is "
       "used");
   sta->flags |= WLAN_STA_WPS;
   wpabuf_free(sta->wps_ie);
   sta->wps_ie = wpabuf_alloc_copy(elems.wps_ie + 4,
       elems.wps_ie_len - 4);
  } else {
   wpa_printf(MSG_DEBUG, "STA did not include WPA/RSN IE "
       "in (Re)Association Request - possible WPS "
       "use");
   sta->flags |= WLAN_STA_MAYBE_WPS;
  }
 } else
#endif /* CONFIG_WPS */

in case the association request include WPA IE or RSN IE , the hostapd will
failed to connect with WPS
i looked in the spec and found that the ap need to ignore WPA/RSN IE and
inot wirtten that it's not allow to publish it
i changes tje line to the follow one
*if (hapd->conf->wps_state{*
and now i have no problem to connect to marvell station that publish the WPA
IE, please let me know what do you think about it

thank
Ronit