A station can't reconnect after it wakes up

Igor Perminov igor.perminov
Mon Sep 14 15:55:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 14:31 +0200, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > 4. The STA device wakes up and begins
> > authentication with an Auth frame as it hasn't been
> > authenticated/associated previously.
>
> What's the status of the PS bit of this Auth Frame?

The PS bit of the Auth frame indicates that the STA is under power.
And mac80211 checks the PS bit in data frames only, but not in
management ones.

> Does the station here send a NULL func packet with the "I'm under
> power again" bit?   It might be necessary to do this via a
> null-func packet towards some broken APs.

No, it doesn't send. The station works under Windows Mobile 6, and I
can't change its implementation. Contrary, I'm working on making a
Linux/hostapd AP non-broken.

Igor