No authentication on Broadcom BCM5354

Henning Holtschneider henning
Wed May 27 10:47:55 PDT 2009

Hi Jouni,

thanks a lot for your help!

Am 25.05.2009 um 16:07 schrieb Jouni Malinen:

> I do not know what the driver is doing in this case, but at least
> based
> on the wpa_supplicant debug log, the EAPOL frame sent by the AP (the
> identity request mentioned in the Cisco debug log) is not delivered to
> wpa_supplicant for some reason. This will need to be resolved before
> wpa_supplicant can actually run through the authentication.

I suspected that the driver might not pass the EAPOL frames to
userspace but I wasn't sure how to match the wpa_supplicant log to the
Cisco log correctly.

I've now switched from the D-Link DIR-320 to a DIR-300, which provides
the same set of network interfaces, but uses an Atheros AR2317 SoC.
Using madwifi, wpa_supplicant is authenticating perfectly.

Best regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--
LocaNet oHG - http://www.loca.net
Lindemannstrasse 81, D-44137 Dortmund
sip 25 at voip.loca.net

Registergericht Amtsgericht Dortmund HRA 14208
Gesch?ftsf?hrer Sven Haufe, Henning Holtschneider