How to use WPS with ath9k in Fedora 10?

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Mar 31 03:25:00 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 16:16 +0800, Wuhua Xu wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I have got a ath9K wifi card install Fedora 10. But I still can not
> find the WPS flag with my routers using "scan_results". Is there
> anything special option that I should use to configure the Linux
> kernel and recompile, or any special flag for compiling wpa_supplicant
> 0.6.9?

F-10 currently has wpa_supplicant 0.6.4, which I'm pretty sure doesn't
contain any WPS stuff.  That might be a compelling case to update to the
latest stable supplicant release in the near future, but for now you'll
want to build your own supplicant to get WPS.

Second, if you see a lot of "Extra IE" things in the 'iwlist' scan
results, it may well be the case that some of them are actually
WPS-related.  Just that iwconfig doesn't decode every IE but only the
ones that most people will need to figure out what to connect to with
iwconfig.

Dan