libnl.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory upon start

Юрий Пайков crystal
Mon Mar 9 01:10:14 PDT 2009

You know, the reason is I want to set up access point with my RaLink Card
After some googling i stubled upon rt2x00 driver forum, where folks say I have to get hostapd and libnl (for mac80211)
I think the reason for libnl is exactly my chip:
>crystal at Crystal:~/OperaDownloads/hostapd-0.6.8/hostapd$ lspci | grep Ra
>02:03.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2561/RT61 rev B 802.11g

Anyway, I corrected the environment and that nasty error faded away, though I get another one

>crystal at Crystal:~/OperaDownloads/hostapd-0.6.8/hostapd$ /usr/local/bin/hostapd -ddB /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
>Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
>Line 44: DEPRECATED: 'debug' configuration variable is not used anymore
>ctrl_interface_group=0
>ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not permitted
>Could not enable hostapd mode for interface wlan0
>hostap driver initialization failed.
>wlan0: Unable to setup interface.
>rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory

Why the hell it thinks I have Prism??

Bjarke Istrup Pedersen <gurli at gurlinet.dk> ?????(?) ? ????? ?????? Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:11:58 +0500:

> I was wondering, how did you get your hands on libnl 2.0 ?
>
> http://people.suug.ch/~tgr/libnl/ seems to be down from what I can see.
>
> Best regards,
> Bjarke
>
> 2009/3/8 ???? ?????? <crystal at uralweb.ru>
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I would appreciate if you helped me with my little problem
>> I have libnl 2.0 installed in /usr/local and want to compile hostap
>> 0.6.8
>>
>> So I edited .config file in source folder as follows:

>> # Driver interface for drivers using the nl80211 kernel interface
>> CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211=y
>> # driver_nl80211.c requires a rather new libnl (version 1.1) which may
>> not
>> be
>> # shipped with your distribution yet. If that is the case, you need to
>> build
>> # newer libnl version and point the hostapd build to use it.
>> CONFIG_LIBNL20=y
>> LIBNL= /usr/local
>> CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include/
>> LIBS += -L/usr/local/lib
>>
>> After that (and only after that, as I finally discovered), hostapd
>> successfully compiles, but
>> launching it gives me
>>
>> crystal at Crystal:~/OperaDownloads/hostapd-0.6.8/hostapd$ hostapd -v
>> hostapd: error while loading shared libraries: libnl.so.2.0: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> And I don't know what 's the matter. Perhaps it would shed some light
>> on it
>> if I knew WHERE it's trying to load the library..
>>
>> Hope you'll help, guys
>>
>> --
>> Sincerely yours, Crystal

Sincerely yours, Crystal