wpa_supplicant for ad-hoc mode

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge
Thu Mar 5 10:24:25 PST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes, all stations in Ad-Hoc mode are essentially independent.  Your
> problem is that the driver is not signaling to the supplicant that it
> has successfully started the new Ad-Hoc BSS.  Because the driver isn't
> saying "I'm done doing what you requested", the supplicant has no idea
> that the operation is successful, and times out.
>
> If the driver were to send that event, then you wouldn't be having this
> problem.  It doesn't have any relation to what's happening at the other
> end; it has to do with a buggy driver.

This code is explicitly de-associating, which I was thinking is not
the right thing to do in ad-hoc mode:

wpa_supplicant_disassociate(wpa_s, WLAN_REASON_DEAUTH_LEAVING);

but you mean if the driver was working properly, that timeout would
not occur, even if there are no other nodes with the same SSID?