wpa_supplicant taking 30 seconds to a minute to stabilize

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Mar 3 11:17:28 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 01:42:30PM -0800, Derek Chan wrote:

> This indeed fixes the problem.  Thanks for your quick diagnosis and solution.
>
> I see from the messages following in that thread that were looking for some
> more information.  If there is anything I can do to help, I'd be happy to.
> (Side note: I'd prefer to be using p54usb too, but I couldn't get any of the
> firmwares working)  I guess I'll poke around at ndiswrapper to see if I can
> figure anything out from there.

Unfortunately, there is not really much that can be done to work around
this race in wpa_supplicant. More complete workaround would require
driver changes and especially in the case of ndiswrapper that is not
feasible (the change would need include the NDIS driver part).

A simpler workaround would be to make the driver enforce strict order on
key configuration and packet transmission. Anyway, that would be
out-of-scope for wpa_supplicant.