Newbie question on WPS

Ming Chiang chiamgming
Mon Jul 27 00:12:06 PDT 2009

WPS was included in both hostapd and wpa_supplicant 0.6.9 But There are
still some bugs (config reload ssdp m1 sanity check )with 0.6.9 version. You
can using the latest version on the GIT to have a try.

Make wps connection with wpa_supplicant is very easy

1.add wsc item into your config file
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
update_config=1
uuid=71009132-9106-9132-9106-000D02300001
device_name=XX-YYYYYYY
manufacturer=Atheros
model_name=XX-YYYYYY
model_number=chm
serial_number=12345
device_type=1-0050F204-1

2. you can make pbc connection with the command
wpa_cli wps_pbc
    or make pin connection with the command
wpa

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Pradeep Gurumath <pradeepgurumath at gmail.com