Encryption key turns to off after some time of use with wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Jan 22 05:23:34 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 08:39:44AM +0100, thomas.eriksson at hushmail.com wrote:

> We are using Ubuntu 7.10 with wpa_supplicant and ndiswrapper 1.53.
> The wireless network on our HP Compaq nx7300 laptops connects just
> fine to a Cisco access point, but after some time of use, like 30
> minutes, encryption key turns to "off" according to iwconfig and
> the network is lost.

Could you please send me a debug log from wpa_supplicant that shows
this (add -ddt to the command line to get verbose debugging with
timestamps). The interesting part is to see what shows up in the debug
after that 30 minutes or so. My first assumption would be that the AP is
trying to change the group keys at that point and for some reason this
fails and the AP disconnects the client.