eapol_test and vendor specific dictionaries

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jan 9 05:16:36 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 01:56:56PM +0100, Norbert Wegener wrote:

> in  http://osdir.com/ml/freeradius.devel/2006-02/msg00054.html
> patches from Alan DeKok are mentioned so that
>
> >eapol_test that would link to
> >the FreeRADIUS libs & load the dictionaries.
>
> That functionality would be really helpfull.
> It seems, they did not (yet?) make it into eapol_test.
> Are there plans to change this?

I don't remember where that thread ended, but anyway, they are not in
the current eapol_test.

Could you please describe the use case for this? eapol_test has (since
0.6.7) a mechanism for adding arbitrary RADIUS attributes into the
messages (see command line option '-N'). Would the dictionaries be used
just to make this easier (i.e., no need to manually generate the
attribute data) or is there some additional functionality here that I'm
missing?