Cannot see hostapd machine in scan results (but seeing beacons sent from it if sniffing)

Andy Johnson johnsonzjo
Sun Jan 4 04:29:16 PST 2009

Hello,
Thanks for your answer !

> I think your wlan interface is configured in monitor mode. So, it >may
> not be able to scan.
> Wlan interface should be in managed mode for scanning.

Definitiely - No, this is **not**  the case ; as I said:
"But when I scan from that same nearby machine
(after setting its mode to managed) I **do not** see machine A!".
I do change the mode to managed mode and then perform a scan.
I verified now that this is indeed the case by runing "iwconfig"
after setting it to managed mode, and it is indeed in managed mode.
Yet scan does not return anything.

So - any ideas what is not correct here and why it does not work ok ?

Rgs,
Andy