MAC ADDRESS FROM EAP METHOD LEVEL

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Feb 27 02:47:49 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:28:56AM +0100, Fernando wrote:

> How can I obtain the MAC ADDR, where the supplicant is attached, from a
> EAP METHOD?

There is no generic mechanism for this. In addition, please note that
EAP can be used on top of transports that do not even use MAC addresses.
I would assume you are talking about a case where IEEE 802.1X/EAPOL is
used and the "MAC ADDR" would be referring to the MAC address of the
Authenticator. Is that correct? Could you please describe what this
address would be used for inside the EAP method?