rt61 device works in master mode with hostapd 0.6.4 but not 0.6.7 or 0.7.0

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix
Mon Feb 16 01:04:19 PST 2009

I just went through a kernel upgrade a few hours ago.  In order to get
my rt61 working I grabbed the latest git hostapd and latest git rt2x00
kernel and built from source.  Seems to be working great for me with
running a access point providing wpa2-psk.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you just thought I'd report my success.

latest rt2x00 kernel
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/ivd/rt2x00.git;a=summary

latest hostapd (redundant I know but just so this message stands as a
mini howto).
http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git

I reused my libnl snapshot that I took from october'ish sometime.

Hope this helps,
--John Klehm