wpa_supplicant 0.6.4 (possibly) sends malformed data

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Feb 9 12:53:28 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:19:16PM +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> It looks like there could be something wrong in the GnuTLS interface
> when using application data in the TLS tunnel. This works fine with
> OpenSSL, but I did manage to reproduce at least some issues when using
> GnuTLS.

Found and fixed (1). It looks like GnuTLS may have started adding random
padding to application data in some of the recent versions (or well,
something after the initial wpa_supplicant wrapper implementation) and
wpa_supplicant was not prepared on the TLS library using that much extra
padding which forced the messages to be truncated.

(1)
http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=commitdiff;h=edd757e8a3d165cbfc4d1721f30a8aa276f9329b