Atheros hostapd wps question

Stephen Gutknecht hilltx stephen
Mon Feb 9 10:15:56 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 05:06:30PM +0800, simon chen wrote:
>
>> i am now develop a web server on Atheros ap81,
>> and i meet a question of WPS function.
>> My ap is need wps function, but have not a push button on it.
>> so, i need to add a button on my web pages. the question is:
>> how to trigger the button press event as the true button on
>> Atheros ap81 demo board?
>
> What software are you using (and which version) for WPS? This question
> sounds a bit like something that could be outside the scope of this
> mailing list unless you have actually ported the current hostapd
> development version onto ap81.

As another possible reference. OpenWRT trunk has new support for the
Atheros AP81.  Although we do not have the source code for the madwifi
code ( ath_ahb ) and it is provided by Atheros only as a kernel 2.6.15
binary driver.  The good news is that ath9k has been ported ot the
ar9102/ar9103 chips that the AP81 typically uses.

In particular the Trendnet TEW-652BRP, Trendnet TEW-632BRP, D-Link
DIR-615 rev C1, and Planex MZK-W04NU are currently fully flashable
with OpenWRT.  I think the Atheros reference AP81 hardware should be
pretty easy, as you won't have to reverse-engineer the flash like
OpenWRT developers did ;)

see: http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aopenwrt.org+ap81

I also encourage you to look at the subversion checkin logs for
specifics on buttons and the models I mentioned.  I don't have any
specific knowledge on how OpenWRT buttons tie to hostapd / WPS.  I
haven't tried that yet given the lack of maturity of the current ath9k
driver.