Does hostapd support remote logging of Open and WEP wirelessevents?

Tekale Sharad-FHJN78 FHJN78
Tue Feb 3 03:54:43 PST 2009

I guess you got the problem,

When I configure my network file to run wireless in WPA mode then my

root at OpenWrt:/$ps | grep hostapd
1223 root        384 S   hostapd -B /var/run/hostapd-ath0.conf
1226 root        312 S   grep hostapd

But, when I configure my network file to run wireless in WEP or OPEN
mode then

root at OpenWrt:/$ ps | grep hostapd
1325 root        312 S   grep hostapd

Is there a way to enable hostapd for WEP and OPEN mode, If yes, How(Do I
have to edit hostapd.conf file)?

Thanks,
Sharad.