Issues with new D-Bus API

Marcel Holtmann marcel
Thu Dec 31 02:40:28 PST 2009

Hi Witold,

> > so I have been hacking on a client using the new D-Bus API and found a
> > couple of things that are sort of weird and could be done way simpler.
> > Some of them seems just copied from the old API and I think it is time
> > to fix this now before we actual get real users of this API.
> > 
> I started to work on some patches to address some of those issues. You
> can pull it from my git: git:// dbus
> branch. I haven't tested it yet and I haven't modified python test scrip
> to fit API changes too, but the documentation is up to date. There is
> some duplicated code cleaning too.

so far so good, but I did notice some issues.

1) BSS are now wrongly identified as ad-hoc. Seems there is a mixup.

2) The Signal property of a BSS needs to be int16_t (n) since the dBm
values can be negative.

3) For some reason the new debug properties don't work in d-feet.

4) The extra dict properties got added to InterfaceRemoved signal.



More information about the Hostap mailing list